In order to build power and strength in cities where local street newspapers operate, the North American Street Newspaper Association must build support from a broad and diverse community throughout North America.
We are asking individuals, non-profit organizations and businesses to sign on to the NASNA declaration to support local street papers to:
- Provide thousands of individuals experiencing poverty and homelessness to gain immediate income and dignity through the sales of street newspapers
- Provide an avenue of free speech and to give voice to people experiencing homelessness and poverty
- Build a movement that encourages independence and dignity among people experiencing homelessness and poverty
- To deliver journalism, commentary and unique perspectives on homelessness and poverty to build the political will necessary to fight poverty and homelessness in North America
- To build quality relationships with people experiencing homelessness and the housed community through grassroots media
Together, we can build a movement of lasting change through grassroots media and offering individuals on the streets a dignified manner to gain income. Together, we can make a difference. Show your support and sign on today!
Your Name (required / please sign the petition)